Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Iexplore.exe Makes My Taskbar Dissapear And Runs Even If Ie Isnt Open

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jasoncarlson

jasoncarlson

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:51 PM

iexplore.exe is something that starts up automaticly when i put on my computer. It runs in the processes and even when i end it it comes back about 2 seconds after....my taskbar dissapears and reappears every 2 seconds...IT'S SO ANNOYING!!! I have already run Ad-aware SE personal and Virus scan which hasn't removed it....this virus also opens random winantipro popups in firefox.....i've searched it and it seems the iexplore file was created in 2004....so i don't know what's going on....it must be infected. please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:43 PM

Are saying that you are getting pop ups in IE and or F/Fox telling you to buy/install Winantipro due to a virus?
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 04 October 2006 - 07:05 AM

iexplore.exe should not be running at startup. See here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/

However, it shoulds like you have more than one issue here.

Download and scan with MS Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Download and scan with AVG vcleaner in "SAFE MODE".

If your running Win XP/2000, download and scan with AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 in "SAFE MODE".
(This is Ewdio 4.0 renamed. If you already have Ewido installed, please update to this version which has a special "clean driver" for removing persistent malware). Be sure to print out the AVG Anti-Spyware Install-Scan Instructions.

Next, follow the instructions in the self-help tutorial How To Remove Winfixer/Virtumonde/Msevents/Trojan.vundo.

Then perform at least one of these online Virus scans:
[Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component.]
Trend Micro Housecall
F-Secure Online Scanner

Post back if your still having problems.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users