Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Panda AV: disappearing shell file scanner

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:51 PM

I have a strange problem (I consider it a minor problem) with Panda AV.

I am happy with Panda free version so far. One feature I liked was the Explore shell entry that allows me to Right click on any file and scan with Panda. This is especially great for downloaded files, before installing or using.

But, without warning, suddenly the R-click scan option disappears. I have no clue why, despite researching for several months. Panda help forum has no suggestions to offer either. Other than this, Panda is running perfectly. At this point, the only thing that I can do is reinstall Panda, then I am good for a few weeks again.

Does anyone else have this problem?  Any suggestions?

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:42 PM

When unexpected issues arise with anti-virus software, I generally recommend a reinstall which resolves most problems. If you tried that and it did not work then I suggest contacting Panda Support directly.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 ranchhand_

ranchhand_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:50 AM

Thanks, Quietman, I currently have an open thread with Panda in their help forum, but nobody has had this problem and their forum expert didn't have a clue as to the problem. Guess I will reinstall (again).

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:22 PM

Most security forums are staffed by volunteers who are not actually representatives of the security vendor. When no one answers or has a solution to a topic posting, it usually means they don't know the answer which is why I suggested contacting Panda Tech Support directly.

Anyway, good luck with the reinstall.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users