Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Can't Boot/Repair/Reset computer after Windows Store Troubleshooting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fooflinger

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 12 March 2018 - 01:25 AM

Hey guys, I'm new here have a really strange issue going on with my gaming PC, so hopefully I can explain it okay. It has been running A okay with no issues whatsoever for years until today.

So this horror story starts with me trying to download the new Sea of Thieves beta from the Windows Store. I wanted to check out the game but for some reason it kept giving me bizarre error messages upon downloading (even though I've used the store in the past), so I figured something might be screwed with my installation of the store. Upon googling the issue, I found out I could A. Wipe the store's cache and B. Run the built in Windows troubleshooter to fix any legit problems. I ran the troubleshooter to find problems for Windows Store Apps and it found that UAC was disabled (I disabled this a long time ago by mistake when I was having some performance issues).

The troubleshooter informed me this might be the problem, so I re enabled it and restarted my computer. This is where all the problems started happening. My computer restarted but for some reason I couldn't do anything on it; no apps started up, the ones that tried to got errors saying I didn't have java installed and stuff like that, none of my internet apps even acknowledged me clicking them. And the only recent change I made was when I verified the troubleshooter to re-enable UAC.

So I restart again and this is where bleep hits the fan; I get the happy blue screen of death telling me my computer failed to start and needs to gather info to fix the crash. It's supposed to automatically restart once the process reaches 100%, however when this happens I hear my drive click off but the computer remains on.

So I manually shut down and Auto repair attempts to kick in but fails. It doesn't give me the option to load from a bakup even though I'm pretty sure I had some. I can't boot in safe mode. I've tried fully resetting the PC using every single option available to me (keep my data, erase all data, etc) and each time it just stutters at my boot screen for about a half hour before it eventually tells me simply, "the system could not be reset due to an error".

If this weren't annoying enough every time I even go to the menu or take an action to try and repair the pc my ENTIRE network goes down, which I just don't understand.

So yeah, this is a very strange frustrating problem. Have re-run all the built in restore/repair programs several times always getting the same error. I would have never guessed troubleshooting on an OFFICIAL WINDOWS APP would put me in this kind of predicament. Have no idea what the exact cause of the problem can be...

When I boot it up to the blue screen, it gives me Windows Stop Code: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, if that helps.

Also running on Windows 10 64bit on an Intel CPU and MSI Motherboard.

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated. I've seriously never done so little to get such a major problem before. Feel free to ask me any questions regarding the issue

Edited by fooflinger, 12 March 2018 - 01:27 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,149 posts
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:21 AM

It would help if you post the exact error messages.  For instance, the BSOD will have a stop error which looks similar to the image below.

Attached File  bsod.PNG   184.67KB   0 downloads

The first two error codes after the ***STOP: are the codes we are interested in.

From the limited amount of information you provided regarding this computer it would appear that this is a custom build.  This being the case you should have the installation media that you used to install your copy of Windows 10.  Please confirm that you have this media.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users