Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard stops working after boot up.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dev41

Dev41

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:27 PM

All of a sudden my keyboard stopped working in Fallout 4 so i restarted my pc. After I hit enter on the Windows startup the LED goes dark on the keyboard and I cannot use it. My usb headphones work as well as the mouse. Im running Windows 7 Pro x64. If you need more specs ask. (ASRock motherboard and startup menu)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:32 PM

Did you try the keyboard on a different USB port?

Does the keyboard function after tapping F8 for the Advanced Boot Options. lf yes then select "Use Last Known Good Configuration"

#3 Dev41

Dev41
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:55 PM

Did you try the keyboard on a different USB port?

Does the keyboard function after tapping F8 for the Advanced Boot Options. lf yes then select "Use Last Known Good Configuration"

Yeah it works till the login screen. I attempted that and no such luck.

#4 RokTV

RokTV

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:01 PM

control panel, device manager, keyboard, uninstall, scan for hardware changes. the driver will be installed again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users