Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

For the younger folks to know!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:38 AM

When cable TV first came on the scene it had -0- commercials that was a major draw.  Over the years they injected commercials but at one time had time limits,  One minute at the top and bottom of the hour and 30 seconds at the half and quarter hours, these were all mandated by law.  We now have half content and half commercials!  What happened to the laws that did at one time give us fair programming content!  Like everyone out there around $200.00 a month is just plain out and out robbery, considering the billions in commercial revenue and our billions in the pot JUST PLAIN WRONG!

Edited by Al1000, 11 March 2018 - 11:23 AM.
moved from Service Providers

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:54 AM

I'm wondering about the commercials on cable, seems they have two they air between segments but they are both the same and run back to back TWICE.  Now it appears that the broadcast stations are doing the same thing.  Is this intentional?  or are they just being stupid by trying to meet their quotas for the sponsors.  I am more put off by this practice and more likely to avoid those products that are obnoxious.

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,130 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:36 PM

I spoke with my cable rep, he says it is the stations not cable that put the commercials in with the programing!

#4 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,411 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:51 PM

When we first had cable we paid $8.00 a month for basic cable and another $8.00 a month for HBO / Showtime so it was worth it. :thumbup2:

Once it doubled from $16.00 a month to $32.00 an month it was gone and back to open air antenna TV as ain't getting trapped in no cable pit. :nono:

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,130 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:17 PM

I have basic with Optimum, many nights it is a pain to find something we want to watch all for $197.  They are out of hand with no relief in sight!

#6 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 935 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:48 PM

Also they like to advertise there own services on there cable/satellite service a lot which I find annoying, I get that they want to make you aware of there services if you visiting someone and you don't have X cable/satellite service but do they have to several advertisements about there services within an half hour program? :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users