Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer won't boot...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SoScrewed

SoScrewed

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:35 AM

Hello, I am here because of something messed up has happened to my computer about an hour ago. Here's the problem. Okay I recently got a computer from my girlfriend she no longer uses. Now, after further digging and studying I found viruses on the computer. A dreaded "Ramnit" virus and a few others. Now I have been toying with the computer with little knowledge I have trying to fix this old glory. It is windows 7 ultimate. I have games and stuff on there they all run. NOW I had installed a anti malware program called "Dr Web FixIt" which I heard is pretty good at removal of viruses. I tried NOD32 to no avail it did not remove the virus as I had hoped. Only spotted it but couldn't remove. So... Dr Web came to me, so I downloaded it and restarted my computer in safe mode with netwroking. Actually I downloaded it while in safe mode with networking. NOW everything was going great it found a virus (not the ramnit one which I was hoping it would find) instead it found another Trojan virus. Something about a partition file or something it had to "cure" and a few other "unwanted files". I didn't read to closely as to what it was curing or deleting out of excitement to just hit the neutralize button and rid my computer of these evil files. Now comes the bad part. It auto restarted my computer with a countdown after the files were found and deleted or cured or whatever. Okay great computer shut down annnnddd.... didn't boot on again, didn't load windows. Didn't load safe mode. Didn't load a damn thing I've tried it all. I tried every possibly system recovery method (except wiping my computer) and nothing, just nothing. It starts up but the recovery tried 9 times couldn't repair the computer. It says "some system files may have been removed causing no startup" or something like that. That was the outcome I got in the logs after the fail computer repair. WHAT IS GOING ONNNN!! PLEASE HELP ME!

Edited by hamluis, 11 March 2018 - 06:02 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users