Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Powerful computer but videos lag

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mystic_shadow

mystic_shadow

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:44 PM

Hello, so I am facing the issue mentioned in the title. I recently changed my old computer with a newer one but for some reason, this problems appears. In games, however, there is no lag or fps drop. For now I've tested League of legends (I get around 200 fps with very high settings and 80-90 fps in Rise of the Tomb Raider, again, high settings). But then when I play a 1080p Youtubue video, I can just see the lag, same goes for 4K. Videos that are on my hard drive lag as well, even a 720p movie was lagging. I believe everything is updated, I have Flash Player on Firefox. I downloaded a program called SVP that boosts the fps up to 60 and that one 720p movie I mentioned before was actually running smoothly with it. BUT that doesn't really solve the whole issue, right. At first i thought it might be the cable I'm using to connect the PC to the monitor - it's an HDMI one but I'm not sure if it's 2.0 and I know that older HDMI cables might support lower fps. I borrowed a VGA cable with a DVI connector from a friend (since I don't even have a VGA slot on the PC) but the problem persists.

Here are my specs (I haven't overclocked anything):
Windows 10 Pro
MSI X370 Krait Gaming
AMD RYZEN 5 1500X 4-Core 3.5 GHz (3.7 GHz Turbo)
DDR4 16 GB 2667 MHz
GTX 970 4GB GDDR5

The monitor is ACER R241Ybmid IPS.

Edited by hamluis, 20 March 2018 - 01:43 PM.
Moved from Audio/Video Apps to W10 Spt - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users