Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

buying a motherboard x79 for i7 4930k?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 masayoshitakanaka

masayoshitakanaka

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:50 PM

Hi it's bleepguy.

I need a motherboard, preferably a cheap one, for i7 4930k and id like it to have 6-8 or more ddr3 ram slots. I also want it to have an m.2 ssd slot on the board. 

I dont like asus p9x79 much what I had was a gigabyte-ga-x79-ud5 which was nice. 

Also looking for a cheap reliable case. 

Ive been looking at supermicro and sabertooth. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joe C

Joe C

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:27 PM

You can shop at places like Amazon for an X79 board. 

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_3?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=x79+motherboard&sprefix=X79%2Celectronics%2C156&crid=2JKLEX4ZDIHG0

Case's are a personal preference, I have a Corsair 500R case and I like that one but it's not a cheap case. Find one in your price range that appeals to your liking and be sure to check the reviews from several different sources before you buy

Edited by Joe C, 10 March 2018 - 04:40 PM.

#3 masayoshitakanaka

masayoshitakanaka
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:45 PM

Forgot to say I am from Europe so Id rather not ship from USA, takes a long time and custom taxes. But if we find a good deal with the above preferences that would be possible. 

Edited by masayoshitakanaka, 10 March 2018 - 04:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users