Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer aspire M1640 motherboard

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mike199028

Mike199028

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:49 AM

Hello, Im looking for somewhere in the UK that does replacement motherboards for the aspire m1640(can provide the seriel/model number of the motherboard starts with Mbsak) if needed.

Rather the same one or an upgrade/replacement cheap as possible. Motherboard gone, no video. Tried everything. Want my computer back lol

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,625 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:19 AM

I just did a quick search and came up with this. You will need to verify the serial number. Are you looking to do it yourself or have a shop do it?

https://microdream.co.uk/acer-aspire-m1640-m1641-mbsak09007-socket-lga775-motherboard.html

#3 Mike199028

Mike199028
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:26 AM

Looking to do it myself, also at the time looking to upgrade it to play games on like gta 5. After replacing my Xbox with a gaming computer. Not an hardcore one just able to play gta 5 etc okay. Dont they have any used motherboards?

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,625 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:43 AM

I don't know if they have used MBs. You would need to email the company but the one shown may be used. I checked ebay's uk site and there were no used MBs of that model number. 

Because of the age of the computer and it's specs you may better off purchasing a new computer when your budget allows. 

#5 Mike199028

Mike199028
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:37 AM

Okay fair enough, I was thinking of buying another computer. With £99 for a motherboard makes sense to buy another computer. As long as I can use the hard drive from the old computer in the new one(sata hard drive)

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,625 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:29 PM

That is doable. If you were willing to replace the motherboard yourself then take a look at building your own computer with quality components. The desktops the OEMs are selling today are pretty cheap.

#7 Mike199028

Mike199028
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:27 PM

Yes I was willing to do it, its already stripped waiting for the motherboard. Im able to do it, stripped and rebuilt a laptop before when diagnosing if that motherboard had gone(it has, usbs dont work and only one that does only able to power low power devices like a usb mouse)

Ive already got a mini atx mobo when I was building a carputer(never got round to it)

Edited by Mike199028, 10 March 2018 - 01:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users