Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 does not boot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 George_

George_

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:05 AM

Hello
Today I opened some .EXE file which was supposed to be some video converter but It installed Mail.ru services in my PC.
I followed a guide to remove Mail.ru from computer and I thought that was all, but It was just a beginning. After 30 minutes window appeared on my screen which required to type password. I closed  it and then I noticed that my PC was slow. There was svchost.exe at 50% CPU usage. I also noticed 13447.tmp.exe task.

After that I did Malwarebytes scan, Hitman Pro scan, and they found some Trojan and Malware viruses. I removed them.
But svchost.exe was still there using 50% of my CPU, I clicked end process and then blue screen appeared saying "a problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer".

After that windows booted normally but I delated svchost.exe 3 times and on the third try windows was not able to boot.

I was not able to run cmd. Task Manager and windows explorer was working fine.

Now when I start PC, windows repair tool appears, which is not able to repair PC, when I click finish, PC shuts down.

I have 3 HDDs and one SSD which I use for operating system.

Asus Z97 board

CPU: i7 - 4790K
Ram: 16 GB

I am graphic artist and I have a lot of work to do until Monday. I do not want to lose information from my hard drives.

Can anybody help me please?

Thanks

Edited by hamluis, 10 March 2018 - 08:47 AM.
Moved from MRL to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,845 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:29 PM

By tapping F8 and selecting Repair Computer do you have a System Restore point you can revert to? You may have deleted a file required to boot Windows. Reverting using System Restore may get you back into Windows. 

#3 George_

George_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:22 PM

By tapping F8 and selecting Repair Computer do you have a System Restore point you can revert to? You may have deleted a file required to boot Windows. Reverting using System Restore may get you back into Windows. 

By pressing F8 it brings me to "select boot deice" menu.
If I do not press anything, startup repair says that Windows can nor repair this computer automatically.
I also found System restore option but it says - "no restore points have been created on your computer's system drive.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,845 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:33 PM

I forgot that on an ASUS F8 brings up the boot menu. I don't know what key ASUS uses but if you found System Restore, can you also get to a command prompt and type the following command.

sfc /scannow

#5 George_

George_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:57 PM

I tried it but it says - "There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart Windows and run sfc again".

#6 George_

George_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:31 PM

I think that my PC is infected. Why did moderator move my post in this category? Do I need to post scan log to move this topic in Virus, Trojan, Malware category? If yes, can anyone tell me what tool to use and how to run it?
I think I am losing time.
Please help me.
Thanks

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,845 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:50 PM

Yes, I think it was moved because you did not post the logs requested in the pinned posts of the Virus Removal Forum. The pinned post explains what logs to post.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

But, because your computer no longer boots it presents a problem. If you can boot to a command prompt  run FRST from the command prompt but you will need to download FRST on another computer and copy it to a flash drive. Use the 64bit version if your OS is 64bit. I believe this procedure will work but I am not positive.

At the command prompt the following commands will let you know what letter is assigned to your USB flash drive.

diskpart

list volume

Once you have your USB letter you can run FRST by doing the following command.

X:\frst64      

Where X is the drive letter of the USB flash drive.

This is assuming your are using the 64bit version or FRST which you should be using. This will open FRST. Press the Scan button and the log should be written to the USB flash drive in a text file. Post the contents of the text file when you start a new thread. Good Luck.

#8 George_

George_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:53 PM

Thank you very much.

#9 George_

George_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:58 PM

Please close this topic, I will open new one with logs.

#10 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 8,118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:01 PM

Topic closed.

New topic here:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/672893/win-7-pc-does-not-boot-after-malware-removal/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users