Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Download games for Win XP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aspfun

aspfun

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:57 AM

My friend needs games for Win XP but my computer is Win 7.

Questions:

1) How to determine games which downloaded from Win 7 are working in Win 7? 

2) Where to find out free games for Win XP?

Edited by Al1000, 10 March 2018 - 10:32 AM.
Moved from Win XP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:28 AM

Most all of the games I had with XP ran in 7. I can't remember for certain, but it seems like I didn't have any problem with XP games and Win7 computers. If you get a game and have problems, right click on the game icon, you should be able to change the compatibility mode from 7 to XP. It's been a few years so I'm not positive that's how to change compatibility, but pretty sure. Hope I didn't confuse things more... :crazy:

"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 IttechGyan

IttechGyan

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:29 AM

The best OS for gaming is surely a customized version of Windows XP with support of DirectX12.

And yes, all-most every XP Game run in 7.

if not working in normal installation... you can get the free windows 7 XP mode addon

Only requirements are that your computer's processor allows virtualizaton.

This way, windows XP apps are guaranteed to work (as you'll have windows xp environment in virtual PC on your computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users