Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc-cillin Warning Of Privacy Protection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 killmypc

killmypc

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:43 AM

Hey yall,

Got this warning when I tried to go to oldversion.com for a download...

Could this be some sort of 're-direct' or something... :thumbsup:

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,720 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 03 October 2006 - 12:06 PM

Not sure if it's a redirect, but something tried to send your credit card information somewhere. Is the download in question something you paid for with credit card? If not, I'd be on the look-out for an infection on your computer. Nothing should be sending out your credit card information without you doing it yourself. If you did pay for it with credit card, sometimes companies use other websites to handle their financial transactions, but given the fact that the code looks like code for a picture...

Here is something I just found about falkag what is falkag. Basically it's a marketing advertising company that apparently is not too picky about its advertising customers. I have not investigated falkag.net's own page as I fear getting infected.

As a precaution, I'd clear out all my cookies as falkag does plant some tracking cookies. Don't know about other stuff.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 killmypc

killmypc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 03 October 2006 - 10:37 PM

Thanks Orange Blossom,

No, the download was Everest Home (free). I did a search for 'falkag' on my computer, and found 5, but they had all been quarantined. I don't get it...I have added this to the 'block list' in Firefox and PC-cillin. As well as having Firefox delete all but a 'select few' cookies on exit.

And I will run a Full Scan tonight!

Edited by killmypc, 03 October 2006 - 10:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users