Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PSU Questions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 segdaf

segdaf

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 09 March 2018 - 03:07 AM

Mod Edit:  Split from https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508814/dell-optiplex-745-wont-start - Hamluis.

Hi gorilakhan,

I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check for issue resolution.

1. Switch off the computer.
  2. Disconnect the power cable from the wall.
  3. Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
  4. Then connect back all the peripherals and check if the system switches ON.

Dell Optiplex 745 comes with diagnostic indicators. If the computer is not starting up you can refer to the diagnostic indicators.

First I’d like to know The Optiplex 745 power button light (bicolor LED) located on the front of the computer illuminates and blinks or remains solid to indicate different color state. As you have stated that the system starts with amber light. If it’s a solid amber light then ‘The power supply is working, but the system is not processing data. If it’s blinking amber light then ‘The power supply is receiving power from the source but is unable to properly distribute it to the components’.

Second I’d like to know the Optiplex 745 diagnostic LEDs are located on the front of the chassis between or below the headphone and USB connectors, depending on the chassis.These diagnostic indicators are only active and visible during the POST process. Once the operating system starts to load, they turn off and are no longer visible.

Third I’d like to know if you are getting any beep codes. The Optiplex 745 system can emit a series of beeps during start-up if the display cannot show errors or problems. These series of beeps, called beep codes, identify various problems. Please let me know how many beeps you get.

Please reply so that we could assist you further.

i am having this very issues now on 12pcs of  dell Optiplex 755 system . please answer the 2 questions below:

1 ‘The power supply is working, but the system is not processing data.  Does that mean that the motherboard or the processor or both is bad?

2 ‘The power supply is receiving power from the source but is unable to properly distribute it to the components’  How can i solve this very problem is it that the power is bad or what?

thank you.

Edited by hamluis, 09 March 2018 - 06:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 839 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 09 March 2018 - 03:38 PM

i have a blinking amber light on mine, I just ordered a replacement power supply.  hopefully that will fix it.

#3 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,439 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:31 AM

If you have just all of the sudden developed this same problem on 12 different computers you need to seriously look at the main AC supply in which you have your computers plugged into.

Edited by hamluis, 10 March 2018 - 01:50 PM.

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users