Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connection From Sun One Web Server To Ldap

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sun One User

Sun One User

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:05 AM

Hello!

I want to ask you a question my boss has told me about Sun ONE Web Server 6.1 and its connection with LDAP.

We administrate Sun ONE Web Server 6.1. We have connections with LDAP in some machines.

My boss would like to know what it would happen if the LDAP machine falls down. Does it affect to the web server in any way? I mean, does the web server wait until the LDAP machine starts again and go on with the communication normally? Or does the web server need to be shut down and restarted to begin communication with LDAP once this has restarted?

We think it may depend on having an LDAP pool connection or not. However, we donít know how to get this information from the web server.

I wonder if you can help me with this matter. I will be very pleased if so.

Lots of thanks!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users