It is very likely that the infection is interfering with the tools so they can't run.
Okay, please try the following:
Delete the current TDSSKiller.exe file from your computer.
Download a new one from here and before you save it, rename it to a random name (e.g. xiyzwtf) and now save it to the Desktop.
- Right-click on the random name and select Run as Administrator;
- Accept the End User Licence Agreement (EULA) and the KSN Statement;
- Once the application is done initializing, click on the Change parameters button;
- In addition to the current checked boxes, check these two as well:
- Verify file digital signature;
- Detect TDLFS file system;
- Once done, click on Ok then click on Start scan;
- After the scan is complete, select 'Skip' for all and click on the Continue button;
- Click on the Report button, in the top right corner;
- A report window will open with the scan log. Copy and paste it in your next reply;
If the tool still won't run, please let me know.
Next, delete the current FRST64.exe file from your computer.
Then, download a new version from here and move it to the Desktop.
- Right-click on the FRST64.exe file and select Run as administrator;
- When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer and wait a few seconds so the tool can search for updates;
- Click on the Scan button.
- After the scan is complete, two logs (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) will open in a Notepad file;
- Please attach both logs in your next reply.
Let me see what can I find in those logs in your next reply.
Edited by Android8888, Yesterday, 04:48 PM.
Correct instructions step