Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to import OLM files in Apple Mail?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 A-Gibson

A-Gibson

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 09 March 2018 - 12:34 AM

Hello, I need to import Outlook 2016 Mac. OLM files into Apple Mail. How can it be done? 

Looking for some quick and easy solutions as the database of OLM files is quite large.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:17 PM

You can't import OLM files directly into Apple Mail. You would need to convert them to a format Apple Mail recognizes. There are a number of third-party tools that will do this for you -- most are not free.

If your email account is on a mail server that supports IMAP, you can simply connect Apple Mail to that account and it will download your emails and folders.

#3 KennethCoblentz

KennethCoblentz

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:25 AM

Hello A-Gibson,

Technically that's an impossible task that many have been dealing with since many years now. You just cannot transfer emails from one email client to the other untill and unless the email formats are same for both the email clients. Same is the case with Outlook 2016 for Mac and Apple Mail. Apple Mail can import .mbox files and for that you will need to change Outlook 2016 .olm format to apple mail .mbox. 

Now if your emails are already on the server and you run your database on IMAP then you can simply login to apple mail with the same email client and your emails will start downloading automatically. 

The other solution is already mentioned that you can use third party tools. check out OLM Converter Pro which have been mentioned on itunes site as well. 

I hope this helps you, and please let us know if you have any further queries.

#4 A-Gibson

A-Gibson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:00 AM

Hello A-Gibson,

Technically that's an impossible task that many have been dealing with since many years now. You just cannot transfer emails from one email client to the other untill and unless the email formats are same for both the email clients. Same is the case with Outlook 2016 for Mac and Apple Mail. Apple Mail can import .mbox files and for that you will need to change Outlook 2016 .olm format to apple mail .mbox. 

Now if your emails are already on the server and you run your database on IMAP then you can simply login to apple mail with the same email client and your emails will start downloading automatically. 

The other solution is already mentioned that you can use third party tools. check out OLM Converter Pro which have been mentioned on itunes site as well. 

I hope this helps you, and please let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks for providing me an insight on the technical part and also for providing the solution. I found Olm converter pro very much helpful. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users