Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer stuck at Republic of Gamers logo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ripme1211

ripme1211

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:50 PM

Hi, so I want to preface this by saying i'm not very knowledgeable about computers, I just got this computer to game on, so if I could get some easier explanations that would be great.

So, literally 30 minutes ago i was on my custom built computer (I bought the parts and got it built at an electronics store) like usual. I was torrenting a game, an a bunch of Russian text and stuff appeared, and the torrent wasn't loading just a file transfer image moving. I kinda felt sketched out so I did a system restore for earlier today. I know it was probably nothing, I have antivirus and firewall anyways. But I did so and it restarted my computer for me after I hit restore.

After that it got to my Republic of Gamers Logo after booting up with the "Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS settings" like usual. But that's where it stopped. It basically just froze there, I have no clue why. I couldn't/can't press or do anything it's just frozen. After like 20 min I restarted my pc again, same result, and again, same result. Currently I'm on my laptop because I can't get my computer to start no matter what I do, it's just frozen on that logo. I have a lot of programs and work on my computer for my college classes and really need to get back on. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Worst case I go and take this back to the electronics store for them to fix it, but that takes time, and money. Also, I'd rather not have them wanting to login to my windows account again snooping around on my account like last time.......(I forgot to close tabs and yeah.....rather not have that being opened if you know what I mean....)

Anyways any help would really be appreciated.

The only "specs" I know on my computer is that it has a GTX 970 graphics card and Intel Core i7. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,591 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:49 PM

See if a power cycle will kick it out of UEFI/BIOS. Pull the power cord. Hold the power button for 30 seconds. Attach the power cord and boot.

#3 ripme1211

ripme1211
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:57 PM

Well I did like you said, unplugged power cord, held power button for 30 seconds, then plugged it back in and tried booting it again, still the same result.

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,017 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:27 PM

Just an idea did you load the boards drivers?

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,591 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:30 PM

Check your MB manual for clearing your CMOS settings. Most MBs have a jumper. Do this with the power off. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users