Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bios screen corrupt, wrong resolution, can't see whole screen.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 leroy1985

leroy1985

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:15 PM

So I'm having some problems with my pc, I recently changed thermal paste on my GPU and CPU as the GPU was overheating , CPU was fine but I thought I may as well. So playing kingdom come deliverence a demanding game temps are all fine so I have to believe I done the paste rite, was my first time.

Anyways the problem I got is I'm getting like a weird square block that's all multicoloured, not the whole screen just a square block, I've reflashed bios, also resolution isn't rite and can't see screen, checked all aspects ratios with TV.

At a loss what to do or what it could be, it can't be gpu drivers because bios is loaded before Os rite ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,199 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:41 PM

do you have any video outputs on your motherboard?

if you do.....remove the GPU card and use the motherboard outputs just to see if they work,

if they work, then you know its a GPU problem

#3 leroy1985

leroy1985
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:47 PM

Ok I'll give it a shot. Thing is it's working fine apart from that.

#4 leroy1985

leroy1985
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:15 PM

Ok I removed GPU completely, connected hdmi to mobo and nothing.

I even tried changing TVs. Mobo is p8z68-v

Edited by leroy1985, 07 March 2018 - 03:17 PM.

#5 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,199 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:21 PM

does your CPU fan continue to spin after the computer is powered on?

#6 leroy1985

leroy1985
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:22 PM

Yeah it seems completely fine, played kingdom come deliverence and it played ok, temps were fine

I'll grab a screenshot so you guys can see, I'm gutted ATM if my mobo is busted, really like this mobo too.

Edited by leroy1985, 07 March 2018 - 03:23 PM.

#7 leroy1985

leroy1985
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:29 PM

https://ibb.co/jUoOnn

As well as that I can't see whole screen because of weird resolution. I've tried resetting jumpers without GPU. Still won't show, there's no red lights on mobo either.

Edited by leroy1985, 07 March 2018 - 03:32 PM.

#8 leroy1985

leroy1985
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:55 PM

Everything is working too, data ports, usb ports. Can't get the mobo GPU to work though, is there a possibility drivers could have this effect ? Just tried changing ram, well removing one at a time

#9 leroy1985

leroy1985
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:04 PM

I guess as long as my computer is working is all that matters, still hate not being able to access my mobo settings because I can't see.

#10 leroy1985

leroy1985
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:04 PM

Fixed my own problem. For anyone else having similar problems, it ended up being my TV and hdmi, it's a new TV and is a bit funny with pc connections, for example through hdmi windows detects 1080 as native but connect it through DVI and it's shows correct native, 1360, thing is 1080 through hdmi looks way better. Which is odd as usually native looks best.

Also the problems in bio screen disapeared and it showed perfectly , no artifact's.so least I know it's just a connection problem not my hardware.

Still weird as my HDTV that just died was fine in bios display

Edited by leroy1985, 08 March 2018 - 12:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users