Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java Application Server 9

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dodon

Dodon

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 03 October 2006 - 12:43 AM

have installed both JDK 1.5 and Java EE 5 on my Windows 2000 Advanced Server with SP4. I have set the PATH variable as PATH=C:\jdk1.5_07\bin;C:\Sun\AppServer\bin; Further, I have set JAVA_HOME="C:\jdk1.5_07\bin;. My jdk applications are working fine but the Enterprise applications are not being compiled as the compiler is not able to find the necessary libraries. Please advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovy2

groovy2

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:59 AM

JAVA_HOME should not really be set to C:\jdk1.5_07\bin. It should be set to C:\jdk1.5_07. Then in your path, you put %JAVA_HOME%. This way, whenever you change your JDK, you only need to change the one variable.

You need a CLASSPATH variable set to %JAVA_HOME%\bin. Your description does not look quite right to me. Which instructions did you follow to set up your environment variables?

After those variables are set, then reboot your computer, and it should be fine as long as there are not other errors in your path names.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users