Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Internet issues suddenly arrived! Chromium??!!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 haxosaurus

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:54 PM

Short and sweet. I'm using Windows 10.

A few days ago, a program called 'Chromium' appeared on my computer. I don't know how it got there. It's some sort of 'Google Chrome' Clone and it hijacked the real google chrome. It was giving me internet issues so I got rid of it entirely.

But the net connectivity issues still persist.

I can't pull up webpages on google chrome half of the time. It goes like this, I type in yahoo.com ---> It stalls while loading, then --->  I get a DNS error message in the browser --->  the page then reloads and then gives me the 'no internet connection' message in the browser. ----> A few minutes later (sometimes seconds) the page will load!

Sometimes while it's stalling out, I'll check my taskbar and see that my ethernet cable icon isn't showing and instead it's my wifi icon and it's x'd out (no connection).

So because of that issue, I use Firefox and it has the same issue as google chrome but with far less frequency, in fact, sometimes when a page wont load on chrome I tab right over into firefox and its working just fine. When I game online, every now and again I disconnect.

This issue never happened before chromium appeared and now that it's gone (or I think its gone) I'm having internet issues, it's like something is turning off my internet at my laptop or something...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users