Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuck on starting windows screen (no logo)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aeserius

Aeserius

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:42 PM

Ive been having issues with my pc for about 3 weeks now. Whenever I boot up from the hard drive it will either immediately reboot or get stuck on the black windows startup screen and no logo appears.
The same screen occurs when I try to boot up from the disk drive (and yes Im 100% sure the boot order is correct).
It started working a few days ago for a few boots so I checked the hard drive for errors and it came back completely clean. Ive also recently replaced the RAM and Im sure I have enough. Im just really stuck at this point and Im not sure what to do. Ill provide any information on request.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zack61w

zack61w

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:41 PM

Hi,

I'd blame the following:

Hard Disk ~ Make sure its fully functioning by placing your hands on HDD to feel vibration, make sure no beep, tick sound arises.

RAM ~ Try different RAM, place only one RAM on a different slot. 

BIOS & CMOS reset ~ Do it by removing the CMOS battery, plug the power cable, press power button for 30 secs to discharge static electricity then put CMOS battery in again power on. 

Bad drivers/software ~ Do you remember any drivers or software you installed last time the system was working properly? 

Tried booting in safe mode? 

#3 dmccoy

dmccoy

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,195 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:55 PM

Please perform the following as the first step to help.

Speccy
http://filehippo.com/download_speccy
1. File > Save Snapshot. This will create a file called [hostname].speccy
2. File > Publish Snapshot. This saves your snapshot to their servers
3 Copy and Paste the link to your next Reply

Also as mentioned above are you able to boot successfully in safe mode without issues?

We are all volunteers so please by kind, courteous and respectful

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

BC BSOD Posting Instructions 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users