Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 USB 3.0 Drivers

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cbettencourt

cbettencourt

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:09 PM

Hi,

I need help to use ultra Iso to install USB 3.0, x86 & x64 drivers onto a Windows 7 installation iso image.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MasterNe0

MasterNe0

• Members
  • 143 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:56 AM

You will need to use something like NTLite (www.ntlite.com) to inject the drivers into a Windows 7 install ISO.

#3 jandikar

jandikar

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:23 AM

Hi,

I need help to use ultra Iso to install USB 3.0, x86 & x64 drivers onto a Windows 7 installation iso image.

Thank you.

Visit this site to download Windows 7 USB Driver 3.0

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/21129/USB-3-0-Driver-Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Controller-Driver-for-Intel-7-Series-C216-Chipset-Family

Edited by jandikar, 07 March 2018 - 11:24 AM.

#4 cbettencourt

cbettencourt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:50 PM

Hi,

MasterNe0 Your solution is a good one.

If I upload my windows 7 Home, Pro and Ultimate iso to my Microsoft One drive plus the USB 3.0 drivers and I give you the link would you be able to inject the USB 3.0 drivers for me?

I am not very good with this side of software manipulation.

Hi jandikar I have tried your solution and it does not work.

Thank you very much both of you for your replies.

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,045 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:44 PM

The below link shows how to update your Windows 7 install media to include your USB 3.0 drivers.

https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/125921-how-to-add-drivers-manually-to-usb-drive-to-install-windows-using-a-usb-3-0-port

#6 jandikar

jandikar

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 11 March 2018 - 04:14 AM

The below link shows how to update your Windows 7 install media to include your USB 3.0 drivers.

https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/125921-how-to-add-drivers-manually-to-usb-drive-to-install-windows-using-a-usb-3-0-port

Elaborated in a very clean way. 

OP should also read it to get it problem solved.

Edited by jandikar, 12 March 2018 - 03:08 AM.

#7 Joe C

Joe C

• Members
  • 854 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:20 AM

Someone at another place did a program called " Windows 7 Updater"

What does this tool do?

• Integrates necessary drivers for modern PCs/laptops (USB3.0/3.1,NVMe,wi-fi, LAN and so on)

I can not say that I have tried this out yet but others have made comments...

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-7-image-updater-skylake-kabylake-coffelake-ryzen-threadripper.76335/

Edited by Joe C, 11 March 2018 - 07:21 AM.

#8 cbettencourt

cbettencourt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:48 AM

Hi

After having started this post I followed some suggestions  from everyone's responses and some found on my own using different methods and tools.

the results are outlined bellow.

The Win 7 from Microsoft unmodified boots up on a BIOS computer with no problems and you can continue with its installation. This same iso when installing on a EUFI computer it displays a message saying "press any key to boot from CD or DVD" and when you press any key it boots up and you can continue with the installation.

The Win 7 with the injected drivers iso when booting up on a Bios computer boots up with no problems and you continue with its installation. This same iso when installing on a EUFI computer displays a message saying "unsuccessful".

I just got an idea!
I am going to UN-compress the un-modified Microsoft iso then I am going to reassemble the Microsoft files without any modifications and then see if it will display the message saying "press any key to boot from "CD or DVD" on the EUFI computer.

This will show to either be a problem with injecting drivers into the iso or a problem with either de-compressing or reassembling the files to the iso.

I have uncompressed an un-modified Win 7 iso and I have re-assembled the Win 7 without making any changes to it and the result is the same when installing on a EUFI computer where a message says "unsuccessful".

Is there a file in the iso that can be modified to keep the prompt to display the message "press any key to boot from "CD or DVD"?

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,045 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:49 PM

For booting a UEFI USB stick of Windows 7 a few tweaks are required. See this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riYmoANpaQk

Rufus may work with your modified iso. When running rufus be sure to select GPT as a partition scheme. Leave all boxes as checked. If you see FreeDos in the dropdown box select iso image, click the icon, and browse to your iso file.

#10 cbettencourt

cbettencourt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:57 PM

Hi JohnC_21,

i am going to try your suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users