Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"My computer" is freezing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xsadcat

xsadcat

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:39 PM

At first when I clicked at the icon at the desktop it would open and then freeze, close itself and my desktop turned black for a second (if a had any other opened windows they would stay open). When I tried opening any folders from the options it would be the same as with the deskop icon.

Now, when I click the desktop icon I just get a black screen, but any other windows stay open. When I open any folder from the options it's the same as it was before.

Any idea how I can fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dmccoyks

dmccoyks

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 778 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:07 AM

Have you tried to boot into safe mode with networking if possible. It is possible it is caused by a Windows update and can be fixed by updating to the latest version. If that does not help then we can check some other possibilities.

Boot to Safe mode using one of the options in the following link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users