Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Pointer Snaps To "OK"

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 beaujay

beaujay

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:18 PM

Years ago I set up Winaero tweaker on my main machine so that the mouse pointer snaps to "OK" when the small window pops up requiring a click of "OK" or "Cancel"

But I've installed Winaero on a Windows 7 machine and I can't find the name of the OK-snapping functionality to turn it on.

What's that functionality called, and what category (Behavior, Tools, etc) does it appear under?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,000 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:42 PM

Control Panel -> Mouse -> Pointer Options Tab, Snap To setting.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#3 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,851 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:42 PM

beaujay:

I have not used the Winaero Tweaker, but I do make use of the "Snap To" function.  Open your Control Panel, Hardware, and find your mouse.  Click that, and you should get a "Mouse Properties" window.  Go to "Pointer Options" and select "Snap To."

See this link for more information.

I hope this helps.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Graduate of the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Study Hall

#4 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,851 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:45 PM

Brian:

Sorry about that! :whistle: Your post beat mine by seconds! :)

Have a great day.  At least the users can't complain about slow responses from the staff here! :busy:

Regards,

-Phil

Graduate of the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Study Hall

#5 beaujay

beaujay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:51 PM

Got it! Thanks britechguy and garioch7 !! :clapping:

#6 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,000 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:56 PM

You're welcome!   I have been using this feature since I first discovered it I don't know how long ago.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#7 beaujay

beaujay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:59 PM

Unbelievably useful, I use it dozens of times a day :workout:

#8 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,000 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:04 PM

Unbelievably useful, I use it dozens of times a day :workout:

It actually mystifies me why this setting is not the default and if you want the mouse not to snap to the default button you'd turn it off.  I have yet to hear of someone who doesn't love this feature, but I'm sure I'll have "let slip the dogs of war!" now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users