Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

usb connect beep sounds continuously every 4-5 seconds

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 spgreenfield

spgreenfield

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:15 AM

Win 7 home premium pc - the sound is similar to "blocked popup window" (only higher) in the sounds and it's beeping continuously every 4 seconds or so.  Looked online and found a solution to do a system restore - unfortunately my only restore point (only 2 are listed) failed.  I am currently working in safemode (because it failed to shut down properly) and the sound is not happening.  I've looked in device manager and disabled any (!) symbols on unused or unnecessary items (there were a few) but it didn't help.

Can someone PLEASE help?  I'd love to have my sound back!

Pam

Edited by spgreenfield, 06 March 2018 - 06:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 spgreenfield

spgreenfield
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:01 PM

Additional information - when speakers are turned off the sound stops - so it's an audio thing not an internal hardware issue?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users