Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Trying to add an HP Designjet 500 to Windows Server 2008 R2 64 Bit

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tonytis

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:34 PM

I've been working on adding an HP Designjet 500 42 (42 inch wide paper path) to a Windows 2008 R2 server that's in a workgroup. I setup the designjet500 with a static IP on the network ( The server is in the same subnet... something like and I can ping the designjet 500 from the server. I went to the HP site, downloaded the HP Designjet500 driver for Windows 2008 R2 64 Bit.

The printer added fine after setting up the static IP in TCP/IP in the Add Printer / Network Printer application.

When I try printing a test page, I get System Error 61:05 on the printer.

Just to test the printer, I downloaded the driver from HP and installed the printer in the same manner on a Windows 10 PC ( It prints perfect from that PC. I've checked the printer setup, downloaded the driver again and installed the new driver but I always receive the same error when printing from the server.

Just an FYI... This should not matter but the server and Windows 10 PC are both in the same subnet but in different workgroups.

There is nothing in the printer's setup where a workgroup is added in it's tcp/ip settings, but IP, subnet mask and gateway.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,080 posts
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:50 PM

If you can ping the printer, that rules out a network issue. It has to be a driver issue. Do you have any other printers on the server?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users