Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

password problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 krm10

krm10

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 15 December 2004 - 10:53 PM

when using the internet, I am not able to log in to any address that requires a password. like banking, cellphone website, email accounts.

Is there somewhere that i may have changed a setting so that i could not access those type of websites?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mattie

mattie

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2004 - 05:52 AM

what browser are you using?

#3 krm10

krm10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2004 - 10:33 AM

i was using internet explorer...but i have tried aol, msn, none of them will allow me to go into password protected sites

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2004 - 10:42 AM

In Internet Explorer go to Help>About Internet Explorer. What is your Version? What is your Cipher Strength? When did this problem start? Did it start after installing a new program? In other words have you made any recent changes to your system?

What is your OS?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 LoLucky

LoLucky

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 16 December 2004 - 10:48 AM

i'm kinda confused your logged in now to www.bleepingcomputer.com
what does it do when you go to sites with passwords? (banking, E-mail, ECT...)

Does it pop up a box telling you you can't go? does it load the site then just won't let you enter information? does it let you enter password then after you hit submit just sits there? what does it do when you go to www.hotmail.com?

BTW AOL, MSN run on IE architecture depends on the Box's/behavior if its settings in you IE.

Also :thumbsup: to BC!

Edited by LoLucky, 16 December 2004 - 10:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users