Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Alert

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:05 PM

I don't know where I must put this alert so, I decided to put it in the General Chat Forum.
When I enter at "BleepingComputer.com" and before I make the "Log In", if I tried to enter in the Link "Trojans", my Spyware Doctor always send me the alert "Spyware Doctor has detected that you are attempting to access a site that may contain harmful content. Would you like to continue anyway?"
And in the bottom of the Spyware Doctor's window appears: "www.spywarezapper.com" with the classic Yes or No.
Of course I always click on the "No".
What means this alert? Is the problem in Spyware Doctor or in your Link "Trojans"?
Can you tell me something about?
Regards,
Darthy

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum and added a topic description. ~ Animal

Edited by Darthy, 02 October 2006 - 10:05 PM.

Εν οίδα οτι ουδέν οίδα - Socrates
Thanks John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darthy

Darthy

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2006 - 10:08 PM

Hi Animal.
I know that I'm not infected. Why did you move my post to this Forum? :thumbsup:
Regards,
Darthy
Thanks John

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,835 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 02 October 2006 - 10:12 PM

Because www.spywarezapper.com is a rogue, and you are quite likely infected.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Darthy

Darthy

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:06 AM

No I'm not. I think you don't read my post carefully, because what I said is, when I try to enter in your Link "Trojans" before I make the "Log In" at BC with my UN and password, the Spyware Doctor alert me that your Link "Trojans" contain harmful content because when I click in it, what appears in the browser is the rogue "www.spywarezapper.com" :thumbsup:.
So, I think that the problem it's with your link "Trojans".
Do you understand now?
Regards,
Darthy

Edited by Darthy, 03 October 2006 - 07:12 AM.

Thanks John

#5 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2006 - 11:21 AM

Hey Darthy.

I hope Animal doesn't mind if I add my 2 cents here...

I think that you may have an infection on your PC. I understand and respect the fact that you are adamant there is nothing wrong on your end, but I would be very suspicious if I were in your shoes. See, I don't understand why SpywareDoctor would show the link of spywarezapper at the bottom of the application - I can assure you that BleepingComputer isn't directing your site there. My thoughts are this; some infections cause your PC to redirect to malware sites, or sites such as spywarezapper. As Animal said spywarezapper is a rogue security program that does nothing at all to help your system, and might actually simply download more nasties to your PC. Why would your antispyware display that? When you try to access a site like BleepingComputer or other big forums etc, the malware kicks in and tries to redirect your browser to a dodgy URL.

Bare in mind that these are just my thoughts, and it might be something different, but it's a good basis.
Have you got any antivirus software installed other than spywaredoctor?
Can you run a few scans and see if they pick anything up?

Another question, does this just happen on BleepingComputer or with other sites?
Can you test a few other sites, and see if SpywareDoctor gives you the same alert?

Another thought that has just arisen is that SpywareDoctor might be flagging the word "trojan".
The program might be simply warning you that the content of the page should be accessed with caution?
This doesn't explain about the rogue website being flagged though..

Please answer my questions and hopefully we can decipher this problem.

#6 Darthy

Darthy

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2006 - 09:05 AM

Hello David, thanks for your two cents of patience. :huh:
I have in my PC 3 spywares working daily at different hours. The spywares are:
:thumbsup: Spyware Doctor scanner and cleaner
:flowers: The old and, I think, almost perfect Giant Antispyware
:trumpet: PestPatrol Control Terminal
As you see I have almost 100% of sure that my PC is not infected. I also have the trial version of the eTrust InocuteIT antivirus with signature version 23.73.13 that runs weekly.
All these applications gave my PC as cleaned. So what have I to do more? :inlove:
May I suggest one thing to you? So, if you don't mind, make the download of the Spyware Doctor scanner, which is absolutely free, install it in your PC, activate the on guard in all options and see what happens when you try to enter in the Link "Trojans" of BC.
Don't you forget to do this before you make the "Log In", as I said.
After, tell me something please.
Regards,
Darthy

Edited by Darthy, 04 October 2006 - 04:46 PM.

Thanks John

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:29 PM

Don't you forget to do this before you make the "Log In", as I said.

Ah-ha. So, this problem doesn't occur when you are logged in?

The culprit could very well be ad sites that BleepingComputer does not have control over. As stated in a few posts, BleepingComputer does not endorse any product that shows up in the ads which mostly appear if you are not logged in.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#8 Darthy

Darthy

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2006 - 04:26 PM

Hello once more David.
I forgot to tell you one thing. :thumbsup:
When you enter at "Bleepingcomputer.com" and without make the "Log In" go to the Forum "Am I infected? What do I do?" and see, with your own eyes, the link for "Trojans" in blue letters: :flowers:
Surprise, the "link" is "SpywareZapper.com". :trumpet:
How can this happen? You must remember there are many people that can't make the "Log In" and can click on this link, don't you think?
This thing just happens on the links "Trojan" and "Spyware - Free Download" of BC.
Regards,
Darthy

Edited by Darthy, 04 October 2006 - 04:45 PM.

Thanks John

#9 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 02:52 AM

You mean of Google. Google places those ads, not BC. I know because I have my firewall set to block them, and it identifies the site source of the ads. BC cannot control Google's choice of ads.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#10 Darthy

Darthy

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 07:06 AM

No Orange Blossom, it's not Google.
Regards,
Darthy
Thanks John

#11 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 07:24 AM

For clarity, topics on BleepingComputer and ads. The first topic has a post, #5, about what to do if there is an inappropriate one :thumbsup:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/45907/disturbing-ads/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/50648/members-no-longer-see-advertisements-at-bc/

Orange Blossom :flowers:

Orange Blossom

#12 Darthy

Darthy

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 07:55 PM

Now I understand what you mean. :thumbsup:
Thanks for all your patience Orange Blossom, :flowers: but the English is only my second language and my head, sometimes, it's a little bit hard. Once more, thanks very much. :trumpet:
Regards,
Darthy

Edited by Darthy, 05 October 2006 - 08:06 PM.

Thanks John

#13 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:34 PM

Not to worry. You are doing great with your English :thumbsup: which is one of the most difficult languages to learn in my book. I teach English as a Second Language :flowers:

I hope your difficulty is resolved. :inlove:

Orange Blossom :trumpet:

I moved to Bloomington, Indiana from Northern Indiana and discovered that a mango there did not refer to a tropical fruit but a green bell pepper. :huh:

Orange Blossom

#14 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,541 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:47 AM

You must h ave been seeing the google ads for spywarezapper. I have filtered that ad so it is no longer being seen. Do you still have the problem?

#15 Darthy

Darthy

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2006 - 06:44 PM

You are right Grinler. Now, I don't have the problem anymore. Thanks.
Regards,
Darthy
Thanks John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users