Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

adds appearing when using Chrome in W7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:51 AM

Suddenly every site I go into using Chrome I get adds appearing. Is the free adblock software worth downloading to stop this rot?

Thanks for any ideas.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,204 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:32 AM

You say suddenly...that implies you have adware. I suggest using Adblock Plus if you don't have an ad blocker installed in your browsers.

I also suggest you ask one of the moderators to move your topic to the Am I Infected What Do I Do Forum if the ad blocker doesn't block

the ads.

Adblock Plus :: Add-ons for Firefox     Adblock Plus - Chrome Web Store

Adblock Plus for Edge browser   Adblock Plus for IE

You can block the ad and tracking cookies from installing on your computer by blocking third party cookies.

How to disable third-party cookies in all major web browsers

Once you have blocked the install of those cookies then run CCleaner to remove the existing ones.

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of Google Chrome and Avast.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:30 AM

Thanks a lot buddy215 however there is one thing I forgot to mention about and that is I did a system restore before shutting the laptop down the night before,I am getting old you know! So I think doing that would have removed the ad blocker i had. I have downloaded Adblocker as you suggested and all seems okay now. I really don't venture into many web sites except new papers etc& of course computer sites such as this one & my email etc.So I will keep an eye on things and see how it goes from here on....Again my thanks.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,204 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:44 AM

You're welcome...hey, getting older is not quite as bad as not...:)

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users