Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Seeking Free PC Audio Player

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ep2002

ep2002

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:39 PM

Hi there,

Can someone recommend a good free program to play my MP3 songs on from my PC laptop when I go to sleep?

I'm looking for something that will let me have playlists so I can play just that playlist & have it loop all the different songs for when I'm listening to my New Age music when I go to sleep.

I was using Foobar2000, but I just tried to create a new playlist & copy the songs over from my stick, & it didn't work 1f641.png:( It keeps trying to access the stick even though I copied the songs over to the playlist.

1. I'm on a PC

2. I don't like itunes, & VLC doesn't have playlists I don't think.

I tried to get it to loop for something else & it wouldn't work.

I just bought some new songs & can't even play them 1f641.png:(

Thanks 1f642.png:)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,728 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 04 March 2018 - 06:09 PM

But VLC can do play lists. When you open it in the left hand column Playlists is one of the options as source and by clicking on 'Media' you have the option to save any playlist you create. See this image whcih is two cropped screen shots, one superimposed on the other to save space.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1f0twp95w4yo38/VLC%20and%20Play%20lists.jpg?dl=0

Chris Cosgrove

#3 ep2002

ep2002
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 04 March 2018 - 06:17 PM

Ok, but when I tried to loop VLC (not for playlists), but just a regular audio, it wouldn't loop. I tried to click on the button over & over again since it's sooo hard to see the differences & it just stopped at the end :(

Thanks

But VLC can do play lists. When you open it in the left hand column Playlists is one of the options as source and by clicking on 'Media' you have the option to save any playlist you create. See this image whcih is two cropped screen shots, one superimposed on the other to save space.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1f0twp95w4yo38/VLC%20and%20Play%20lists.jpg?dl=0

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users