Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Time to get a new computer for my small business

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nawtheasta

Nawtheasta

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 04 March 2018 - 01:23 PM

Hello 

Well I think it is time to update my IMAC. Went to IMAC in 2013 when my 2 year old Dell had endless problems. I am not really into computers. I need to use it for my small business.  I need “Microsoft Office” and Quickbooks.

I have been generally satisfied with the MAC until it recently started getting random BSD shutdowns. This has mostly happened at night or on the weekends when all programs have been shutdown except for what runs in the background like Kaspersky and timemachine. I suspect Kaspersky may have something to do with this as last summer the support for the OS ended. Geek squad installed the last version that would work however it regularly stops being able to check for updates and needs a restart to correct.

Quickbooks only offers online for MAC now. That is a problem as I have 18 years of customer “item” entries that I use regularly.

I am assuming that to stay with Quickbooks on an IMAC I would need “Parallels”or something similar?? As I would need to use the Windows version.

I have no complicated needs. I need to access word documents, occasionally excel files, I have never used powerpoint or outlook. Keep E-Mails as word docs. and Yahoo to send and receive. Use photobooth with a Celestron microscope to take pictures of machine parts.

I do want to stay with Microsoft office and will need to migrate info. from QB for MAC to a new version for windows.

I usually work around a 5 year cycle with my office computers. Budget would be 2- 3K.

Thoughts are appreciated and welcome

Best Regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jazzgirl

Jazzgirl

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 10 March 2018 - 07:36 PM

It looks like you can convert back and forth. https://community.intuit.com/articles/1390150-convert-a-quickbooks-mac-file-to-quickbooks-windows-and-back-again

Try that link or do a Google search on converting Quickbooks files back and forth to Mac/Windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users