Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezes completely when playing games

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ironman243

ironman243

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 04 March 2018 - 01:22 PM

I know this question has been asked quite a lot over the past years but I have yet to find an answer that fixes my problem.This usually happens on "intensive" games such as Fallout 4 or Kingdom Come: Deliverance. It also seems to happen somewhat randomly, as just recently I was playing KC: D for about 1.5 hours and then it crashed while another time I got maybe 5 minutes before it crashed. Following the solutions to other threads, I have un-parked my cores, tested my ram and hard drives, and also my PSU is more than enough for my set up. Also I dont believe the PSU is the problem because I can play ARMA 3 and Battlefield 4 without crashing and I would say those games can get more power thirsty than FO4. I have checked the dust and filters as well, over heating is not an issue.

Specs:
AMD A-10 7700k, 3.4ghz
Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H Motherboard
4x4 Ripjaw 16gb RAM
EVGA GTX 960 2gb
Corsair 500M 500w PSU
Samsung 850 EVO 120gb SSD (OS)
WD Blue 3tb storage drive
Windows 10 Home 64 bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,449 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 04 March 2018 - 02:16 PM

start by updating your video card driver...and make sure you get it from the manufacturers website

over heating is not an issue

how did you come to this conclusion?

#3 ironman243

ironman243
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2018 - 02:39 PM

start by updating your video card driver...and make sure you get it from the manufacturers website

over heating is not an issue

how did you come to this conclusion?

I have updated them, also I uninstalled them all and reinstalled. and I came to the conclusion because Im monitoring the temperatures on my second monitor and theyre all good

#4 ironman243

ironman243
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2018 - 04:00 PM

Update:: I switched the monitoring from Open Hardware Monitor to Speccy and this was my cpu temp when it crashed: https://imgur.com/a/jgg7w

Im going to go out on a limb and say 101 is not a good temperature

#5 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,449 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 04 March 2018 - 04:06 PM

Update:: I switched the monitoring from Open Hardware Monitor to Speccy and this was my cpu temp when it crashed: https://imgur.com/a/jgg7w

remove your CPU fan and heat sink assembly, clean them good....apply new thermal paste before re-installing the heat sink

#6 ironman243

ironman243
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2018 - 04:10 PM

remove your CPU fan and heat sink assembly, clean them good....apply new thermal paste before re-installing the heat sink

damn it sucks ill have to wait for it to come in the mail, I dont have any on hand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users