Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Antivirus Folder in Program files

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 rad2810

rad2810

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 04 March 2018 - 03:29 AM

I installed a fresh copy of  windows 10 64 bit a few days ago and noticed that I had multiple antivirus software folders in my Program Files folders that I had never installed, and I was not able to delete them. The folders were:

AVG

Avira

Baidu

Checkpoint

G DATA

Panda

Avast

Bullguard

malwarebytes

I was unable to delete these folders, and they requested admin privileges, when I was already the admin user. i also installed eset nod32 antivirus but couldn't run it , error "you may not have appropriate permissions".

also used FRST scanner, logs are attached.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RayS

RayS

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 2,336 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:29 AM

Hello rad2810,

My name is Ray and I'll be assisting you with your issue. Please give me a day or two to review your logs and prepare a reply. Since I'm still a trainee, all my posts have to be reviewed by my instructor prior to being posted to make sure that you receive the best assistance possible.

Thank you for your understanding, I'll be with you shortly!

Ray

I don't accept payment for my help, but it would please me if you perform a kindness for your neighbor. You might also contact your local animal shelter. They can always use a bag of kibble or a few cans of pet food. Who knows... you might even find a life-long furry friend there.

#3 rad2810

rad2810
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 04 March 2018 - 01:09 PM

Hello rad2810,

My name is Ray and I'll be assisting you with your issue. Please give me a day or two to review your logs and prepare a reply. Since I'm still a trainee, all my posts have to be reviewed by my instructor prior to being posted to make sure that you receive the best assistance possible.

Thank you for your understanding, I'll be with you shortly!

Ray

logs of FRST on another system

Attached Files

#4 RayS

RayS

• 2,336 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:07 PM

Hi rad2810,

Unfortunately there is evidence of illegal software on your computer. I have also found multiple instances of malware on your PC and I have prepared an initial remedy, however, my fix will make your cracked programs useless. I request that you completely uninstall all products for which you do not have a valid Product Key, including all "cracked" software. After you do that, please rerun a FRST scan and copy/paste both reports into your reply. If you prefer to leave the program(s) on your computer, let me know that and I will be closing the Topic.

Note: I have found malware on your second PC. It will likewise need to be purged of all illegal software, however, I'd like to work on one machine at a time. Let's work with your first PC (FKDHRKN) only.

In your next reply...

• Please tell me whether you have removed all illegal software.
  • Copy and paste the entire contents of FRST.txt into the body of your message.
  • Copy and paste the entire contents of Addition.txt into the body of your message.
  • Give me a compete description of any remaining unexpected symptoms (not already mentioned) including vebatim copies of any error messages.

Thank you,

Ray

I don't accept payment for my help, but it would please me if you perform a kindness for your neighbor. You might also contact your local animal shelter. They can always use a bag of kibble or a few cans of pet food. Who knows... you might even find a life-long furry friend there.

#5 RayS

RayS

• 2,336 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:33 AM

Hi rad2810,

3 Day Bump

It has been 3 days since my last post.

• Do you still need help with this? If not, please let me know as soon as possible. Other people are requesting my help.
  • If you will be away for an extended period, please let me know in advance.
  • If you have not replied within 48 hours I will assume you have abandoned the Topic and it will be closed.

Thank you,

Ray

#6 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:16 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users