Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Server Access

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rustyh

rustyh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:59 PM

Hi

I wonder if you can help. We are a small company, only 4 people, and we have setup a server with Aras Innovator installed. This is a web based software that uses a SQL database for document control.

What would be recommended in terms of remote access to the server running such a program.

Should it be done as a domain controller either though there are only 4 of us or would it be simpler to use a workgroup (can workgroups be accessed remotely and securely?).
Alternatively, would it just be easiest to use remote desktop to access the server and load up aras with in the server?

Note: The server is not used for any other services other than Aras (except maybe dropdox for linking files on dropbox to Aras records)

Many thanks

Russ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:16 PM

Is there a client side application used to access the server or is the Application web based? I would advise against remote desktop unless you have a remote access VPN and even then I wouldn't allow anyone except an administrator access to the server.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users