Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't remove Activeware Security Pro

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 KJ4JOA

KJ4JOA

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:20 PM

Greetings to the Forum. I (my sister-in-law) has a Dell Inspiron Zino HD. My nieces/nephews activated the "antivirus/anti-malware. She wants me to fix it, but I can't! The software is so malicious that I can't get on line, can't boot in safe mode, can't run RKIL or Malware software as directed. When I try to boot in safe mode with networking or safe mode, it goes to where I can select a user then begins shutting down (every time!). The OS is Windows 7.

I also tried to go into the registry and, for some odd reason, there is no REG EDIT. I really would like to fix this machine for her. Any help will be tremendously appreciated.

Edited by hamluis, 03 March 2018 - 01:42 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,363 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:25 PM

if its infected that badly i would normally remove the hard drive.....hook it up to another computer via USB cable......then run malware programs on it from the other computer (adwcleaner, malwarebytes, etc) to get it to the point where it will at least start up....then work on it more after you get it to boot

Edited by mikey11, 03 March 2018 - 01:25 PM.

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,070 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:08 PM

if its infected that badly i would normally remove the hard drive.....hook it up to another computer via USB cable......then run malware programs on it from the other computer (adwcleaner, malwarebytes, etc) to get it to the point where it will at least start up....then work on it more after you get it to boot

Problem being fair chance you will infect the host machine!

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#4 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,363 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:17 PM

Problem being fair chance you will infect the host machine!

never had that problem before.....

malware like that is normally dormant on the drive unless the OS is running

#5 KJ4JOA

KJ4JOA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:31 PM

Thanks for the information. Oddly, I was able to launch RKIL as W-7 was initiating. I was able to proceed with the rest of the operations and I'm glad to report that the PC is running almost normally (can't access internet) Different problem for a different day.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,035 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 09 March 2018 - 10:46 AM

Hello and welcome..
For the connection try these...

Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.
Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.
Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.
Now check if the internet is working again.

OR

Go to Start ... Run and type in cmd
A dos Window will appear.
Type in the dos window: netsh winsock reset
Click on the enter key.

Reboot your system to complete the process.

If needed : type these one line at a time, press enter after each line. See if it works after each.

netsh interface ipv4 reset
netsh interface ipv6 reset
ipconfig /flushdns
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users