Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

White screen, black screen freezing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 judibug

judibug

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:18 PM

My computer was lagging and I did a CTRL+ALT+DELETE and saw something called hstart.exe  and I did end task on that and iexplorer and whatever program I was using at the time. I got a white screen and nothing else. I did a restart and thought it best I do a scan. malware bytes got to the end and froze. restarting after that would only result in white screen so I tried safe mode. malwarebytes or avg would not work and I had cccleaner on my computer so I tried that and it found something and then crashed(bluescreen)
I tried system restore in safe mode and it said it could not be completed.

now I can start in normal mode but nothing works and it goes to white screen sometimes. in safe mode I can start some programs but not others and avg/malwarebytes won't start

Windows 7 is my OS

thank you for any help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 judibug

judibug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2018 - 01:11 PM

additional information:

I was able to boot in safemode and turn off the wireless internet. Without networking the computer doesn't do the white screen, just very slow and I am unable to use any programs and when I try CTRL+ALT+DELETE I get the following message.

Failure to display security and shutdown options.

The logon process was unable to display security and logon options when CTRL+ALT+DELETE was pressed. If the operating system does not respond press ESC or restart the computer by using the power switch.

I am currently backing up my files onto an external drive via safemode and a usb stick...which sucks because I am a 3d content creator so my files are very large(25+gb) per folder and my usb stick is 16g  :(
and I am unable to work until I can figure out what's wrong with my system....

#3 judibug

judibug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:43 PM

please close...I formatted...need to work couldn't wait

thanks for all ya'll do...it's very much appreciated even tho I had no patience to wait this time

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 04 April 2018 - 12:40 PM

Sorry we didn't reach you in time..
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users