Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winter Storm Riley/Nor'easter ~ Safe Wishes for Our East Coast Friends

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 02 March 2018 - 02:50 PM

Once again a horrific storm is taking place! I'm sending wishes for safety for anyone in the path of this severe East Coast storm, especially our BC friends. 

I've been watching one source: The Weather Channel: https://weather.com/storms/winter/news/2018-03-01-winter-storm-riley-noreaster-high-winds-coastal-flooding-heavy-snow

Here's a snippet:

Winter Storm Riley Undergoes Bombogenesis into a Strong Nor'easter With Damaging Winds, Coastal Flooding and Heavy, Wet Snow in the East

<-snip->

The town of Wyoming, New York, east of Buffalo, picked up a whopping 24 inches of snow in just 24 hours as of Friday morning. Thundersnow was observed in parts of western New York and northwestern Pennsylvania Thursday night. Two feet of snow was also reported in Jefferson, New York, in the Catskills, as of midday Friday. Other notable heavy snow totals as of midday Friday included 22 inches in Forestville, New York, 14 inches in Harborcreek, Pennsylvania, 12 inches near North East, Pennsylvania, 12.1 inches at Buffalo-Niagara International Airport, and 10.2 inches just west of Albany, New York.

High winds are current raking parts of the mid-Atlantic states, Appalachians and New England.

Winds gusted to 71 mph at Washington-Dulles and 62 mph at Reagan National Airport Friday morning. New York's JFK Airport gusted as high as 63 mph midday Friday. A 74-mph gust was clocked atop Chickaree Summit, Pennsylvania.

Gusts over 50 mph are buffeting Boston-Logan Airport, and trees have been downed in Arlington, Burlington, Easton, North Andover, Sharon and Woburn. Trees have also been downed in parts of New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Maryland, Virginia and western North Carolina.

-<end snip->

It's hard for me to imagine dealing with 24 inches of snow in 24 hours! I hope that anyone that's affected stays safe. In the areas where the power is out, I hope that you have generators with back up fuel!  Please keep us posted and reach out if you need anything!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 708 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 02 March 2018 - 06:07 PM

Sounds bad, already some deaths and many without power. As softeyes said, safe wishes to all in that area.

'net image from 1 hour ago:
bombogenesis-Winter-Storm-Riley-US-East-
Bleepin' desert rat retiree in climes yet to fry brains (knock on cactus).

Past climes/best friend:  photo-91.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users