Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Macrium Reflect partially freezes/locks up computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tr0910

tr0910

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:47 PM

I started using Macrium free 7.1 build 2899 only last week.  I tried it on my 2 laptops and 3 VirtMachines all W10.  All machines except 1 are backing on on schedule, but one laptop is locking up everytime it hits the backup schedule time.  

I believe I know why, and that is that I opened a backup image from a different computer in Windows explorer via Macrium over the network and then this file became unreachable before it was detached within Macrium.  It seems that Macrium isn't able to recover cleanly from this.

Symptoms include

1. Explorer freezing, and complaining about P:\Users\CompName\Downloads being unavailable.  (this is the drive I referenced the attached Macrium backup via)

2. Macrium very slowly progressing through the scheduled backup (yesterday I canceled after 12 hours, where the first few days, it completed the same backup in less than 10 minutes)

3. The laptop computer affected being randomly unusable during this time.  (but W10 task manager doesn't report any issues with CPU or other problems)

Is this a known issue?  How to recover from this situation? (rebooting didn't clean it up as it restarted the same xml backup file, only a task manager end task would fix it until the next scheduled backup started the issue all over again)

Otherwise I have restored, local, and over the network, and created a new VM from a backup.  All seems promising.

Edited by tr0910, 01 March 2018 - 08:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tr0910

tr0910
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:56 AM

To solve this issue I uninstalled MR and reinstalled.  Good to see that no-one else has had this issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users