Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Failed to install a 3rd party theme and the windows is stuck

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PaulRo77

PaulRo77

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:25 PM

Hi guys, I just wanted to change the appearance of my desktop so I installed a 3rd party theme(at least I wanted). I did this several times and it worked fine, but this one didn't, it got stuck into "please wait" screen for a long time, then I pressed the restart button from my pc. Everything is fine until I type my password, then the screen goes black. Because I am dumb I forgot to make a restore point so I can restore to it. I tried booting into safe mode so I can delete those files from the themes folder but it didn't worked, same story the screen goes black. So I think about a reset, it should keep my files and restore to basic windows files (I think this is what is doing, not 100% sure) but I don't know if it will work and I don't want to get in a bigger problem. Any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 null__

null__

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:04 PM

If you do a reset, it will uninstall all programs that did not come with the computer, including any 3rd party themes. Your files will all remain intact (assuming you choose that option). If you have programs installed that require a key, make sure you have those easily accessible for the re-installation.

#3 PaulRo77

PaulRo77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:07 AM

That's perfect, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users