Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fatal Exception VXD cmuda 02

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:26 PM

I am having an issue with frequent blue screens while playing certain games on my Windows 98 computer.

I keep getting

A fatal exception 0E occurred at 0028:FF12D6B6 in VXD cmuda(02) + 00012AD6. The current application will be terminated.

I Googled 'fatal exception VXD cmuda 02' but only irrelevant results showed up in Google, so I threw quotes around VXD cmuda for 'fatal exception "VXD cmuda" 02' and then Google said "No results for" "searching without quotes" and the same unrelated results.

There seems to be NO information on this particular fatal error message.

Does anybody know what the problem could be?

Edited by Sylveon Fetish, 01 March 2018 - 12:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:12 AM

cmuda.*** is naming convention for C-media sound drivers, if the system has C-media AC97 sound I would try re-installing the sound drivers.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:24 PM

I am now getting another one that Google seems to know nothing about. Google said

Your search - 0028:C023D77B in VXD VDD(09) + 00001803. - did not match any documents.

If I type in my password, it is fine, if I click cancel instead, 30 seconds after it logs on, I get the following error message

A fatal exception 00 has occurred at 0028:C023D77B in VXD VDD(09) + 00001803. The current application will be terminated.

and the message repeats constantly until I hit ctrl alt del instead. Clicking anything or doing anything results in that error as well.

But if I log into the named profile, I do not have this problem. Just canceling out is where this error message occurs.

There is literally zero posts anywhere about this code other than the few places I posted this.

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:48 PM

You may not find topics carrying the exact numbers you're getting, since they are memory addresses where modules are loaded on your particular system. It still relates to a problem with drivers.

The problem may be the drivers themselves, hence the usual first thing to try is re-install drivers. If this makes no difference, there can be a problem with RAM or corruption on the hard drive. But you've got to start somewhere, and since it looks like sound drivers have been initially pointed at as a potential culprit, that's the logical place to start.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users