Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software Run & Installation Blocked

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 robertjohn81

robertjohn81

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:59 AM

Hi Guys,

I'm using windows 10 and one of the software programs I use, is a poker application.

Its supplied by Paddy Power Poker but this is one of the skins on the iPoker network, 

Having used it for years, I tried to run it the other night, and it failed. 

The initial screen appeared, and after hanging for a number of minutes, I got a message telling me to check my internet connection and to run it again. 

There's nothing wrong with my internet connection that i'm away of, and there have been no major changes or updates to any software that i know of since this was last running correctly. 

I spoke to the customer support team at the poker company, but their support amounted to nothing more than suggesting a fresh install.

I removed the existing program, then downloaded the installation file and ran it. 

It opened the " loading " message, then hung for a while before i get a message saying I should " check my internet connection then try the installer again "

I'm running AVG internet security - but it has never caused a problem before. And I can't see any reason why it would be blocking this program from either running or install afresh ! 

I'm completely frustrated and would very much appreciate any help you might be able to offer on this. 

Ta, 

Rob

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users