Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 basil1

basil1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 02 October 2006 - 01:41 PM

Hi,

When I boot my PC which uses Windows 2000 I get the following message when my settings are being loaded...

"cannot find the file 'winservnt32.exe' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and all required libraries are available."

This problem does not allow to connect to my high speed internet. It tells me that my user name or password are invalid.

I run Pc-cillin which is updated almost daily or so and my firewall is enabled and security set to high.

I also run spy sweeper by web root and I have downloaded all the MS security patches.

I did scans with both pc-cillin and spy sweeper and nothing amiss was reported.

How an I resolve this?

Thanks,

Basil

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:52 PM

Hi basil1,

'winservnt32.exe' is noted in the BC file database. That entry has a generic trojan removal procedure. Try that first. I would then follow our malware removal guide. It gives step by step instructions for removing the bad stuff.

I hope this helps... If you have any questions, please ask.

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,591 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2006 - 06:46 AM

In addition to the malware removal guide suggested by rigel, download and scan with AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 in "SAFE MODE".
(This is Ewdio 4.0 renamed. If you already have Ewido installed, please update to this version which has a special "clean driver" for removing persistent malware). Be sure to print out the AVG Anti-Spyware Install-Scan Instructions.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2006 - 07:09 AM

(This is Ewdio 4.0 renamed. If you already have Ewido installed, please update to this version which has a special "clean driver" for removing persistent malware).

Thanks for noting the update QM7. I have update my "toolkit." :thumbsup:

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users