Need a little help! I have a Pavilion HPE h8-1360t desktop PC and the motherboard has died.
• Manufacturer: Pegatron
• Manufacturer name: IPMMB-FM
• HP: Formosa
• 3rd Generation Intel® Core i7-3770 quad-core processor [3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
• 8GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [4 DIMMs]
• 1TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive
• 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT630 [DVI, HDMI and VGA via adapter]
• Upgraded 600W Power supply
• 15-in-1 memory card reader, 2 USB 2.0 (front), 2 USB 3.0 (top)
• SuperMulti DVD Burner
• Wireless-N LAN card (1x1) (Looks like the Intel board doesn’t support this??)
I researched my options and didn’t really want to get a used Formosa board off eBay- seems risky.
So I purchased and installed an Intel DZ75ML-45K board that fits my tower (9.6 x 9.6 micro ATX) with LGA1155 socket. There weren’t that many to choose from. Seems like a slightly more modern board?!?
I was super excited when the thing actually started, fans kicked on, etc.!
I can get to the Intel BIOS screen but can’t seem to get the boot process to start, can’t get into Safe Mode and don’t have the Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit DVD installation disc (recovery partition only). I do have the OEM Win7 COA sticker on the cabinet, however.
Lurking on many forums, I fully expect to have to negotiate with MS via a telephone activation and I think I have a good case. But I can’t get that far. Any help would be appreciated.