Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Teredo Adapter Non-Existant

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 NeverTrustNanners

NeverTrustNanners

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:24 PM

So, I've been having some problems recently with my teredo adapter and I wasn't sure what was wrong. Until I looked in device manager and noticed it wasn't there. And yes, even with hidden devices shown. So, I thought it got uninstalled somehow, all I have to do is "Add legacy hardware" and reinstall it. However, it wasn't under the list of microsoft devices no matter what I did or where I went. So I looked for fixes. I've changed the disabled components in the registry to 0 as well as navigated to the TcpIp6 section and made sure everything was in line. All of this was done and I can't find any other fixes or anything and I'm feeling like I can't solve it. Is anyone able to help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 967 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:01 AM

Did you follow all these steps ?

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/microsoft-teredo-tunneling-adapter-driver-not-working-solved-on-windows-10/

#3 NeverTrustNanners

NeverTrustNanners
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:24 AM

Somewhat. The registry steps and CMD steps I've done but the Adapter itself isn't in device manager. Even with hidden items shown. Add it's not in the add legacy hardware option so I physically can't do the other steps.

#4 opera

opera

• Members
  • 967 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 01 March 2018 - 02:30 AM

So items 6 and 7 weren't possible for you?

#5 NeverTrustNanners

NeverTrustNanners
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2018 - 02:33 AM

So items 6 and 7 weren't possible for you?

Nope 

Edited by NeverTrustNanners, 01 March 2018 - 02:33 AM.

#6 NeverTrustNanners

NeverTrustNanners
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2018 - 02:34 AM

This is what I mean, and hidden items are being shown. That last driver is a wake-on-lan driver btw.

Attached Files

• Attached File  ALH.PNG   24.82KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  DVM.PNG   53.65KB   1 downloads

Edited by NeverTrustNanners, 01 March 2018 - 02:36 AM.

#7 xrobwx

xrobwx

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:16 AM

I saw where disabling the himachi one fixed it for someone else.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/teredo-tunneling-pseudo-interface-missing/b3340d01-d4c0-4aa8-847a-36b3432f55eb

Edited by xrobwx, 01 March 2018 - 08:16 AM.

#8 xrobwx

xrobwx

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:23 AM

Another possible fix:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/how-to-install-teredo-tunneling-pseudo-%20%20interface/754c8f29-3a87-4e77-babd-a69c8910e17e

#9 NeverTrustNanners

NeverTrustNanners
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:49 PM

Thanks fam. I tried disabling the device but it never actually disabled. I uninstalled Hamachi and it came back. I have seen that post already but I just never uninstalled it.

#10 Jallan22

Jallan22

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:18 AM

This is what I mean, and hidden items are being shown. That last driver is a wake-on-lan driver btw.

What were you going to say after this because this is where I'm at right now

Edited by Jallan22, 09 June 2018 - 07:19 AM.

#11 Jallan22

Jallan22

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:21 AM

Was this ever solved this is my exact situation and I can not find anything at all on this topic I have been searching for days! I found multiple fixes and have tried all of them nothing is working. I got it to work the other day by simply restarting IP helper but that will not work anymore. The teredo tunneling adapter doesnt exist in the network adapters or in the add hardware tab under microsoft. HELP PLEASE

#12 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 09 June 2018 - 08:19 AM

I have never run into this problem but firstly make sure you have the tunneling driver in System32\Drivers\tunnel.sys.

Open and elevated command prompt. Windows + X. command prompt as admin. You may see it called Powershell. If the command fails then you will need to enable the command prompt. Type the following commands.

netsh interface teredo show state

To Enable

netsh interface teredo set state default

After rebooting see if Teredo is in Device Manager or is able to be installed using Legacy Hardware.

https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Netsh/Teredo

If the above does not work then do a Network Reset in Windows 10

1. Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Network & Internet  > Status > Network reset.
  2. On the Network reset screen, select Reset now > Yes to confirm.

Wait for your PC to restart and see if that fixes the problem.

The above is the only ideas I have. Hopefully somebody else can give you additional ones.

Edit: I did not go through this thread and look at the solutions or links so if the above has already been attempted, sorry

Edit Edit: This is not the most optimal solution but Windows 10 allows you to do a reset with the option to keep files. All your programs would need to be reinstalled. 

Edited by JohnC_21, 09 June 2018 - 08:40 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users