Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logitech S150 Speakers not working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stebbinsd

stebbinsd

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:17 PM

I had to replace my monitor after my last monitor broke down. Now that I finally got the replacement monitor in the mail, my Logitech S150 speakers aren't working anymore!

The orange light that says "digital" on the right speaker is lit up, proving that the speakers are indeed plugged in. But they don't even show up in my control panel's "manage audio devices" tab.

Unplugging and re-plugging the speakers doesn't seem to fix the problem. All I get is a message in the bottom-right corner of the screen saying "Device driver software was not successfully installed." But when I try to search for the drivers on google so I can download and install them manually, all I get is a bunch of search results saying that no drivers are needed!

What the hell, man?!

My current build:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
Processor: AMD FX-8350
RAM: 12GB (2x2GB+8GB)
Video Card: Geforce GTX 750ti

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:29 PM

'Control panel - Device manager - expand Sound, video and game controllers'. Any yellow '!' or red 'x' ?

Whether there are or not, you can still double click on the entry for your sound card then select the 'Driver' tab in the properites dialogue box and clcik 'Update driver . . .'. This takes you to a box where you can choose automatic search which will search the web as well as your system for the latest available drivers.

Alternatively, since Device manager will give you an ID for your sound card you can go to the maker's web-site and look for drivers there.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users