Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird pc problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 guywithapcproblem

guywithapcproblem

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:04 PM

So basically i bought a pc 2 months ago, my first ''gaming'' pc, so i played and played for like month and then things started, first my gpu died but cuz this was my friend old one ( gpu price rise made it impossible to buy )  this wasnt a big problem, borrowed another friend gpu just to play some esport games. anyways already with that old one which died my pc would just froze when gaming, this happend almost every gaming session, 10-20min in and it froze, okey got new one but sometimes when playing lol/cs it still freezes and when it freezes and i boot system back again i have black screen, i have to turn it off and wait for like more 5min and then it boots up fine again, its every single time like this, also its like this when i shut down or restart my pc from windows it doesnt boot up correctly, monitor keeps running that no signal but my components work and fans run so i need to turn it off and wait for like 5min and then everything is fine again, dunno which parts are causing this freezing/weird boot up black screen and 5min waiting?

pc parts : 

ryzen 3 1200 oc'd @3,8ghz

8gb ddr4 hyperx fury oc'd @2666mhz

asrock ab350 pro4 matx mobo

1tb hdd

120gb ssd

corsair VS450W psu

and legendary Ati HD5570 gpu xd ( temporary, when gpu prices fall will buy 1060/580 )

before i had r9 280x ( friend didnt remember correctly and told me he has gtx 960 so i bought so little psu but when i saw its r9 how much power this draws i knew u will end up bad )

anyways did my previoud r9 hurt my components with that huge power draw? i would buy new parts if i only know what are broken

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joe C

Joe C

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:13 PM

Try running at stock (no o/c) and see if it works without locking up

Kinda sounds like your overheating and being o/c'd will do that

Edited by Joe C, 27 February 2018 - 04:15 PM.

#3 guywithapcproblem

guywithapcproblem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:13 PM

before in prime95 test if i did 15min test temperatures were literally 95c, now i went a little bit down with oc, now its 55c so i guess if overheating is the freezing problem then this should be solved but what about my weird reboot? its still, like shut down/restart and then boot again, mouse/keyboard dont get power and its just black screen, i have to wait for so long and then it works again, kinda making me mad sometimes 

#4 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,363 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:52 PM

Prime95 heast up CPUs more than is reasonable for any computer use case. I would just recommend playing a game for a while then checking the temperature. 

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 Joe C

Joe C

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:52 PM

being o/d can still cause instability, run it at stock first then very slowly bump up the o/c while testing your temps. Just because the cpu may be slowed down does not say much about your memory being o/c'd , when it becomes unstable you'll have to stop your o/c at that point and back it down

Edited by Joe C, 27 February 2018 - 09:56 PM.

#6 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:03 PM

Overheated chips on a MOBO will falter at lower speeds once abused.  OverClocking is a quick way to find the borderline chips on a MOBO.  Once the chips are overheated they become unstable at even their normal speeds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users