Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suddenly only 2 out of 3 monitors works

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SvajunasG

SvajunasG

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:43 PM

Hey,

I have 3 monitors connected to my PC. AMD Radeon R9 200 graphics card. Cables are such: DVI to DVI, HDMI to DVI and HDMI TO HDMI. This set up worked fine for me for couple of days. But then when I restarted PC and one DVI connected monitor was not working. I switched DVI cables with the other DVI monitor and it started to work again until today. Now again one monitor is not working. I played around with calbes and the problems seems to come from graphics card, because only one DVI monitor works at the time and it doesnt matter wich one or to which slot its connected.Any ideas what could be wrong?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,881 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:09 PM

Many times these loss of one or more displays in multi-units setup is the adapter being used, either failing or not getting in the right power on sequence.  Resets of all devices, even those with an AC adapter, need to get cycled along with the rest of the hardware.  I hate adapters as not all will work with all systems, you have to spend extra time and return a few to get a setup that even works right.

#3 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:59 PM

you can also try right clicking on your desktop and select screen resolution.  then hit the detect button and windows will rescan the display ports to see if anything connected to them.

Edited by mightywiz, 28 February 2018 - 05:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users