Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All video/audio playback corrupted!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 max_usted

max_usted

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:06 AM

Hi all,

I have a very irritating problem with my laptop. This is an ASUS laptop, i7-4710HQ at 2.50GHz, 16GB memory. It's running Windows 8.1

Basically, since a day ago, any time that I visit a website with any video on it, or when I open a video or sound file via any playback programme (VLC, Windows Media Player, etc), a sort of loud electronic pulsing noise occurs in the background, which interferes with the file's sound significantly. I produce music on the same laptop via Studio One (a Digital Audio Workstation) and this has *not* been affected.

I very much hoped that someone here might be able to help with the problem. 

In case it sheds any light on the issue, I tried to record my screen to capture the sounds but the relevant programme (called OBS) didn't work and started producing the same noise. Here's the log file where it describes the error in loading.

00:27:38.782: ---------------------------------
00:27:38.797: Required module function 'obs_module_load' in module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/chrome_elf.dll' not found, loading of module failed
00:27:38.803: [CoreAudio encoder]: CoreAudio AAC encoder not installed on the system or couldn't be loaded
00:27:38.855: [AMF] <obs_module_load> AMF not supported (no AMD graphics)
00:27:38.855: Failed to initialize module 'enc-amf.dll'
00:27:38.953: Required module function 'obs_module_load' in module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/libcef.dll' not found, loading of module failed
00:27:38.958: Required module function 'obs_module_load' in module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/libEGL.dll' not found, loading of module failed
00:27:38.968: Required module function 'obs_module_load' in module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/libGLESv2.dll' not found, loading of module failed
00:27:38.977: Failed to load 'en-US' text for module: 'obs-browser.dll'
00:27:38.977: [browser_source: 'Version: 1.29.0']
00:27:39.037: NVENC supported
00:27:39.140: Couldn't find VLC installation, VLC video source disabled
00:27:39.156: No blackmagic support
00:27:39.339: ---------------------------------

Thanks very much in advance!

M

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:53 AM

I really don't have a definitive answer for you; the only thing I noticed is that you referenced that Studio One was working perfectly. In the log you posted, I see this:

00:27:38.953: Required module function 'obs_module_load' in module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/libcef.dll' not found, loading of module failed
00:27:38.958: Required module function 'obs_module_load' in module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/libEGL.dll' not found, loading of module failed
00:27:38.968: Required module function 'obs_module_load' in module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/libGLESv2.dll' not found, loading of module failed

and this:

Couldn't find VLC installation, VLC video source disabled

So it appears that OBS (I think a linux app?) is crashing; I did a quick search and this appears to be a common problem. I came up with this link to one person who solved it, but I don't know if this applies to your situation.

It seems as if OBS is causing your problems. Notice that VLC suddenly becomes disabled, so maybe a conflict with your normal AV drivers on the system that is preventing them from running standard AV from the internet.

Maybe try uninstalling OBS and see if that helps. If no joy, then run SFC from an elevated command prompt to check for corrupted/missing system files, and see if that helps.

If you Google search using the complete error message (for one line) you will come up with a lot of hits from other users. eg: obs-plugins/64bit/libcef.dll' not found, loading of module failed

[EDIT: additional thought]  Check if there is an OBS support forum website and post in; hopefully you will get more helpful responses from other users.

Edited by ranchhand_, 01 March 2018 - 11:58 AM.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users