Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Very Very Slow.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mikem3

mikem3

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:41 AM

Good morning, not a very good title, but it is true

and it started today.

I was unable to get into my BT Email account, then

I was unable to get into it another route via Yahoo

which is the same site.

Then I was unable to access BT Contact?

Playing around the security area of the Control Panel,

I looked at the "Reliability Monitor", it indicates a daily

critical event:- Radeon Settings: Host Application Stopped

Working, for a long time now, with occasional hardware

defect.

I then ran "Speccy", the AMD A6-5200 is running between

66C and 77C temperatures, the AMD Radeon Graphics

processor is running between 70C & 76C.

Could this be causing the slow down, if so how do I fix it?

I have considered a system restore, but if the problem is

hardware, I don't see any benefit in doing that, I have

tried to run Malware Bytes, but that didn't even start, after

5 minutes I cancelled it, I will now run Rkll while you ponder

my problen and see if you can advise me.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions and help.

Mike.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikem3

mikem3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:14 AM

There are two faults here, I finally discovered from BT

that there are server outages, so that solves that one,

but the Radeon one and the CPU Temperatures are in

need of attention.

Mike.

#3 jarlmaster47

jarlmaster47

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:10 PM

Those temps aren't great but they aren't untenable either. I recommend blowing your computer out with compressed air. A good cleaning will do wonders for a hot-running computer.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:11 PM

The maximum operating temperature (which is below the critical temperature where throttling and/or shutdown occur) for the A6-5200 is 90° C.  You are running well below that when you're reaching your reported maximums.

While I'd definitely give the air intake and exhaust openings a vacuuming that's all I'd do for a machine running this far below the maximum operating temperature.  I can see no value in stripping it down to clean the fan and other components of the cooling system at this juncture.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:13 PM

The maximum operating temperature (which is below the critical temperature where throttling and/or shutdown occur) for the A6-5200 is 90° C.  You are running well below that when you're reaching your reported maximums.

While I'd definitely give the air intake and exhaust openings a vacuuming that's all I'd do for a machine running this far below the maximum operating temperature.  I can see no value in stripping it down to clean the fan and other components of the cooling system at this juncture.

Also, go to your manufacturer's support page for your machine and see if an update has been issued for the AMD Radeon software.  I'm running machines with A6, A8, and A12 APUs and while the updates aren't constant there have been several since I've owned the A6 and A8 machines.  I'm waiting on the first for the A12s.  You can also check out AMD's site as well, but I favor checking the computer manufacturer's support page first.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#6 mikem3

mikem3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:47 PM

Thank you for your replies, I never really knew the acceptable

running temperatures for the CPU, I think on an earlier machine

running XP they were expected to be much lower.

I will check for any updates, thank you for the tip.

Mike.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:17 AM

Please post the Speccy Snapshot.  If you need instructions for posting this I've included them below.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

LUDoziL.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

speccy2.png

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy3.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users