Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard Issue?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 VukanGaming

VukanGaming

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:51 PM

If it turns on one day itll work fine, that is if itll turn on. when plugged in the motherboard receives power (red light) but it doesnt start up. Its been like this for awhile usually i dont touch it for a few days then itll work fine the next. I wanted to make sure it was a motherboard problem and not a power supply or something else.

Asus X99-A
980ti
i7-5930k 3.5
8gb DDR4
Evga 850W Gold

Im not sure what other info would be helpful,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Shellfishclive

Shellfishclive

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:23 AM

It's hard to tell where the problems lies with this much info. Without having a spare machine you can test the parts on it's best to replace both parts, generally if it's a PSU problem it wouldn't boot up at all, so the fact it's booting up just a little makes me believe it's an issue with the motherboard but it's not 100% going to be that.

#3 jarlmaster47

jarlmaster47

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:15 AM

Do you get any error codes (should be an indicator on the mobo) or beep codes? It's highly likely that this is a motherboard issue however. I would RMA it if you can.

Edited by jarlmaster47, 27 February 2018 - 10:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users